365 traducciones

27 enero 2006

Shang Qin. Perfecto.


Fire Extinguisher
At noon when anger arose, I glared at the fire extinguisher on the wall. A child came up to me and said: “Look! There are two fire extinguishers in your eyes.”
Because of his innocent confession, I pinched his cheeks and smiled, and could not help crying. I saw two men crying separately in his eyes. He did not tell me how many hims he saw in the mirrors of my tears.
(Versión inglesa de Michelle Yeh)

Extinguidor
A mediodía, cuando arrecía el odio, miré el extinguidor de la pared. Un niño se me acercó y dijo: "Mira. Hay dos extinguidores en tus ojos".
Por esa confesión inocente, pellizqué sus mejillas y sonreí. No pude evitar el llanto. Vi a dos hombres llorar en sus ojos. Él nunca me dijo cuántos de él veía en los espejos de mis lágrimas.